Sunday, June 20, 2010

Last half an hour

Everything was set, completed, finished, closed, sealed and packed. All those things that cannot be ended and packed were left in their own states and stages.

Eyes were observing things as if it were gulping them inside. Without any work I had taken couple of rounds of the entire house, just to see things again and again. In undue worry of “lest her son would forget something important” my mother too did two rounds of checking the entire luggage and made me see what all I was taking with me. All this while, my eyes kept falling on things that I was not taking with me.

· The old bat which had turned red due to some long practice sessions and innings

· The cupboard which contained some of the most read books, old diaries and some brilliant films.

· The couch placed right in front of the television, where so many hours of all my vacations have been spent.

· The big mango tree which used to be a resting place while playing in the backyard.

· That corner where cat had kept her kittens

There was deluge of memories in mind. I was trying, in vain, to hold the clock still.

The most difficult thing about this half an hour is that you know that after so small a time you will be going away from so many beautiful and meaningful things. YET YOU CANNOT HOLD ON TO THEM!!

During my train journey I wondered if our lives are also like that, the only difference is that we do not know which half an hour will be our LAST HALF AN HOUR!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A very touching moment my friend ..I can completely understand! But you are lucky you can have such half-an hours frequently..at least more frequently than me. I am dieing to see those beutiful things again, Our childhood memories.

Unknown said...

hmm...those memories keep you rooted and become inspiration at one point or the other!!
About life,we might not know which is the last half hour, but we can live every moment to cherish it forever...so that whenever the last half hour arrives, we have wonderful memories...
As it has been said:"It doesn't matter how much you live, but it does matter how much life you put in the living"

Neha Joshi said...

you made me visualize those things once again..the place where we passed days together;playing, fighting,laughing, enjoying our protected,golden,full of warmth and love childhood and adolescence at the fullest..I wonder how those three fragile kids can become such individuals who can give a strong fight to all damn problems of life.. perhaps the secret lies in that being rooted together..thanks for everything that we shared:the fighting for the remote control of TV,that corner of the cat, the cricket kit and..much more..

Unknown said...

A very touchy reminiscent article and indeed very well written. I think the tag of "ASPIRING unBrIdLeD author" is perfect for you.

Its one of those articles which would make one emotional for sure. I loved the picture in your article's context.