Friday, October 2, 2009

Gandhiji’s gift to me

It may sound strange but apart from his invaluable gifts of Satya, Ahimsa and an unwavering faith in the goodness of the humankind there is one more gift that Gandhiji has given to many of us. It is the gift of a connect with many other in the world.

Let me elaborate, last year I had met a foreigner who had come to the visit of Sabarmati Ashram. Having met this fellow I realized that our thinking on Gandhian thoughts and practices was enriching for both of us. Surprisingly we had a lot of similarities of views on many things. This, to me, represents the ability of truly good values to transcend geographical boundaries.

I became friend with this foreigner and our exchange of ideas on many things related to Gandhiji and relevance of his ideas in today’s time continues even today.

This connection would have not been possible without the common bridge of thoughts and ideals. I feel quite lucky to have borne in a country which produced the man like mahatma who still help us cross all borders, walls, restrictions and limitations to communicate and reciprocate the true spirit of love, life…..

No comments: