Monday, September 28, 2009

YOUTH

I went to the shop bought some things and just as I was showing it to a friend he said that I had paid a rather exorbitant price for that useless thing. I felt bad; it was certainly not the first time. I thought to myself that the whole world is in the business of cheating and swindling! Had I been granted one wish, I would surely finish that scoundrel shopkeeper who cheated on me.

This is one thing, which has increased tremendously over the last few years. More and more people have acquired the expertise of cheating. The domain is not only limited to a select few nowadays! However if that is the way people behave and we need to put up with them, then what is the whole problem about?

The problem, I believe lies more within than outside anywhere. And it is a problem of perception. A famous philosopher Plato once said that Of all animals the boy is the most unmanageable, inasmuch as he has the fountain of reason in him not yet regulated.” This fountain of reason throws up various arguments that are always contrary to the way of the world.

The pitiful thing is that the whole world seems to be on one side of the shore and we on the other. This also inflicts certain fear of isolation and autarky however the youth is not deterred by it.

No comments: